Dual Immersion Academy seeks a second grade bilingual teacher to instruct students at the elementary level in a 90/10 dual language immersion setting with an emphasis on Spanish language, arts, and culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or a related field
- 24 months of experience working as a second grade bilingual teacher, grade school teacher, or elementary school teacher
- Hold a valid Utah State Teaching License in elementary education, or currently possess all qualifications to obtain such license within 90 days of the date of hire
- Demonstrate ability to communicate fluently and effectively (oral and written) in Spanish and English
- Demonstrate ability to implement, teach, and adapt the state core curriculum using Spanish and English at the elementary school level.
Priority given to applicant's with educational experience or background. Perspective teachers will need to pass the required background check. Applicant must be approved for work in the US.
- Attend trainings and professional development sponsored and promoted by the school (5%)
- Participate in school-wide activities (5%)
- Participate in professional development meetings such as team meetings, PLCs, faculty meetings, and IEP meetings (5%)
- Prepare 180-day plans, unit plans, and daily lesson plans according to the Common Core State Standards (5%)
- Coordinate with respective grade level team to maximize learning (5%)
- Manage the classroom effectively (65%)
- Asses the students appropriately and plan for re-teaching opportunities (5%)
- Maintain active and open communications with parents and families (3%)
- Such other related duties and responsibilities as assigned