Part time position, at most 30 hours per week
The paraprofessional works under the general direction of the school Assesment/Title lll Director. the purpose of this position is to provide assistance to English Language Learner (ELL) students who qualify for services in the Title lll program through the reinforcement of the classroom objectives and materials. the paraprofessional also provides Tier 2 instruction to assigned students.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates oral and written proficiency in English
- Demonstrates knowledge of computers and programs appropriate for reading, math, and language support
- Exhibits ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions
- Possesses ability to enunciate clearly and communicate positively throughout the work day
- Works with students on an individual or group basis separately from, but under the general guidance of the Assessment/Title lll Director to develop a cognitive and social language base (i.e. emphasized by speaking, teaching, and directing students in English; explain, assist)
- Administers specific assessments and/or tests for the purpose of assessing the level of students' competencies and progress monitoring.
- Assists in bringing the students' achievement standards up to fluent English Level of grade level.
- Completes the necessary paperwork for program compliance and accountability by keeping documentation of learning activities and/or tutoring sessions
- Promotes the students' achievement through success in the Tier 2/Title lll Program as well as the regular classrooms.
- Participates in professional development opportunities to improve instruction and skills as approved
- Keeps a roster of student attendance and maintains an environment conducive to study
- Assists in the preparation of instructional materials and maintenance of student records
- Participate, when available, in professional development designed for paraprofessionals.
- Follows all school district policies and procedures.
- Keeps Informed by reading building and district communications.
- Responds to requests for information in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associates Degree;
- OR paraprofessional Praxis
- OR 48 hours of college credit