DIA seeks a Special Education Teacher with Spanish speaking abilities who will work with students that have educational and behavioral goals as outlined in their IEP. The SpEd teacher will work closely with general education teachers, administrators, and other staff members to support students educationally. The Special Education Teacher must demonstrate an understanding of, patience with, and a receptive attitude towards students of varied temperaments and abilities, particularly those exhibiting specialized needs.
Possible duties include:
1. Works with an individual student or small group of students to reinforce learning of materials and skills.
2. Devises special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills.
3. Monitors instruction, work, activities, and behavior of students.
4. Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties.
5. Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods and unstructured periods as assigned.
6. Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties as assigned.
7. When requested, serves as a resource person to the General Education Team.
8. Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
9. Participates in in-service training programs as assigned.
10. Performs other such duties / assignments as directed, in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting.